David C Cook releases eight revised editions of Dr. Wiersbe’s trusted Bible commentaries—the “BE” Series
A man who has given his life to a deep examination of the Word of God, Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe is an internationally known Bible teacher, former pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago, and the author of more than 150 books. For ten years he was associated with the Back to the Bible radio broadcast, first as Bible teacher and then as general director. Dubbed by many as the “pastor’s pastor,” Dr. Wiersbe skillfully weaves Scripture with historical explanations and thought-provoking questions, communicating the Word in such a way that the masses grasp its relevance for today.
Easily accessible for both pastors and lay people alike, Wiersbe’s profound study guides can be used in personal Bible study or with a group. David C Cook’s third installment of eight revised “BE” series volumes each feature updated content for today’s readers, a new introduction by Ken Baugh, and new study questions for each chapter. The 2009 expanded Bible commentaries will include the following studies:
- Be Comforted (a study of Isaiah) reminds believers that their hope is in Christ, God’s plan of salvation for the whole world. (ISBN: 978-1-434766-15-1/192 pages/softcover/$12.99
- Be Daring (a study of Acts 13-28) provides the motivation to follow the Great Commission wholeheartedly. (ISBN: 978-1-434767-42-4/176 pages/softcover/$12.99)
- Be Determined (a study of Nehemiah) shows readers the secrets to resolute leadership and successful service. (ISBN: 978-1-434767-45-5/176 pages/softcover/$12.99)
- Be Dynamic (a study of Acts 1-12) is a powerful account of the work of the Holy Spirit in and through the church. (ISBN: 978-1-434767-46-2/192 pages/softcover/$12.99)
- Be Free (a study of Galatians) inspires a fresh perspective of the Good News and encourages readers to embrace freedom in Christ. (ISBN: 978-1-434767-47-9/176 pages/softcover/$12.99)
- Be Hopeful (a study of First Peter) encourages believers to never give up and to have hope during trials and suffering. (ISBN: 978-1-434767-43-1/208 pages/softcover/$12.99)
- Be Patient (a study of Job) unpacks the book of Job, explaining Job’s suffering and why God allowed it, illustrating God’s sovereign plan. (ISBN: 978-1-434767-41-7/192 pages/softcover/$12.99)
- Be Real (a study of First John) shows readers how to have a truly satisfied life through authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. (ISBN: 978-1-434767-44-8/276 pages/$12.99)
Acclaimed worldwide as a pastoral resource for international leaders, the “BE” series will soon include companion study guides—the Wiersbe Bible Study Series—with each study guide correlating with the appropriate “BE” book. David C Cook plans to release additional editions of the series over the next few years.
David C Cook/June 2009