Dr. Warren Wiersbe has devoted his life to the deep examination of God’s Word. He is an internationally known Bible teacher, former pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago, and the author of more than 150 books. Among this large body of written work, the “Be” commentary series has become a resource that millions have come to rely on for over thirty years. The timeless insights on Scripture provided by Dr. Wiersbe have helped countless numbers of readers to better understand and apply God’s Word to their daily lives. Known to many as the “pastor’s pastor,” Dr. Wiersbe combines historical explanations and thought-provoking questions with the unchanging truth of Scripture in such a way that believers at every level of spiritual maturity can easily grasp its relevance.
David C Cook’s latest additions to the revised “Be” series include insightful introductions by Ken Bough, updated content for today’s readers, as well as new study questions for each chapter. Each of these expositional commentaries incorporate material from Dr. Wiersbe’s “Be” series into a small group Bible study format and focus on a specific book of the Bible. This effectively updated series of books incorporates topics as they were originally presented in the “Be” books.
Studies to be released this summer include:
• Be Alert: Beware of the Religious Imposters helps readers exercise discernment and enables them to detect the counterfeits that have secretly entered the church using the wisdom of Peter, John, and Jude. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6504-8/180 pages/softcover/$12.99/July 2010)
• Be Amazed: Restoring an Attitude of Wonder and Worship explores the books of Hosea, Joel, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, and Malachi and encourages readers to regain a sense of wonder about what God is doing in this world. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6505-5/212 pages/softcover/$12.99/July 2010)
• Be Compassionate: Let the World Know That Jesus Cares uses the first thirteen chapters of Luke to explore the believer’s responsibility to tell the world that Jesus cares about them in a very personal way. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6502-4/185 pages/$12.99/July 2010)
• Be Counted: Living a Life That Counts for God uses wisdom from the book of Numbers to teach Christians to be the type of followers that God can count on to get the job done right. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6498-0/178 pages/softcover/$12.99/July 2010)
• Be Courageous: Take Heart from Christ’s Example completes the study of the gospel of Luke and challenges readers to set their faces “like a flint” and do what God has called them to do. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6499-7/163 pages/softcover/$12.99/July 2010)
• Be Delivered: Finding Freedom by Following God uses the experiences of Israel chronicled in the book of Exodus to teach readers the true nature of freedom and how to use it. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6503-1/211 pages/softcover/$12.99/August 2010)
• Be Ready: Living in Light of Christ’s Return uses two of Paul’s earliest letters, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, to teach readers about the ministry of the local church and the soon return of Jesus Christ. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6501-7/187 pages/softcover/$12.99/August 2010)
• Be Satisfied: Looking for the Answer to the Meaning of Life explores the book of Ecclesiastes and teaches believers to give thanks for what they have and to live satisfied lives amid a very materialistic society. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6506-2/148 pages/softcover/$12.99/August 2010)
• Be Successful: Attaining Wealth That Money Can’t Buy shares the story of David from the book of 1 Samuel to teach believers that moral character and obedience to God’s will are the ingredients to obtaining a success that will withstand the fires of God’s judgment. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6500-0/195 pages/softcover/$12.99/August 2010)