(You know I'm being sarcastic, right?)
Last Saturday, I found a set of bedroom furniture to replace my current set, or what's left of it. I got rid of the moldy dresser a few weeks ago at the garage sale my parents had.
That night I posted pictures on Facebook in several local buy/sell/trade groups trying to sell a headboard and chest of drawers.
Here is what I learned:
- Even when you clearly state your prices, people do not read and ask, "how much?"
- If you are selling a headboard, but not a mattress, go through the trouble of pushing the mattress off the bed before taking a picture.
- Don't just put "headboard and rails," put "mattresses not included."
- People don't read, so ignore #3.
- There are way too many people willing to buy used mattresses, even if you aren't willing to sell yours.
- Selling used mattresses are illegal. (Learned this through commending on #5 to friends.)
- People that express interest are seemingly liars who don't follow through on what they say.
- People say they want to buy things, but have no way to transport them.