The first in a series of striking full color health and wellness books by Dr. Morris and the Church Health Center staff, 40 Days to Better Living: Optimal Health confirms and clarifies what many of us already suspect: living the life we've always wanted must go deeper than a diet and exercise program and an occasional attempt to "do better." Morris is convinced that to achieve the highest degree of wellness requires a multi-dimensional approach and a concentrated effort to be healthy in both body and spirit. He believes, "True health is grounded in the spiritual life that embraces the physical bodies God gives us."
- Nutrition: pursuing smarter food choices and eating habits
- Friends and family: giving and receiving support through relationships
- Emotional life: understanding feelings and managing stress to better care for yourself
- Work: appreciating your skills, talents, and gifts
- Movement: discovering ways to enjoy physical activity
- Medical care: partnering with health care providers to optimize medical care
- Faith life: building a relationship with God, neighbors, and self