Cancer and talking about the hard stuff
- What to do and say when someone has received bad news
- Inviting others into your journey and asking for help
- Grieving as you go
- Fear of the unknown
- Facing life after loss
- What traditions do we want to hold on to, and which ones are too painful this year? Do we want to try something new, such as traveling to a new location or going out for dinner or a movie?
- Do I need to be with people, or do I need to spend time alone? Usually it is a combination of both, but it’s very important to consider.
- In terms of the “have-to’s” (decorating, shopping, baking, sending out Christmas cards, parties, etc.), what is most important for me to do, and what can I let go of? Maybe you don’t send out cards or decorate to the extent you normally would. Maybe you cater the dinner and shop online.