The keys to lasting change
- We see the power of loving, patient, persistent, long-term (10-15 years) leadership. There are no quick fixes to the deep challenges and changes that this new era demands.
- We believe it’s a kind of leadership that grows increasingly comfortable with sustaining creative tension as missional experiments are conducted off the map.
- It is leadership focused on managing ourselves in an anxious system, not on changing others.
- It is able to tolerate the discomfort and even pain of leading change in a system that naturally resists change, as all systems do.
- It is leadership that can let go of control and move toward dialogue, collaboration and partnership, especially across boundaries.
- It’s leadership that is willing to let go of the posture of the expert and take on the posture of a learner.