Then, I just took to listening/watching the live stream in the background while doing other things on the computer. (I have to have noise to concentrate.) Other than the fact that my internet connection has been somewhat off kilter (the broadband light has been flashing red instead of green) and what probably has to do with the main feed to NBC, this is THE way to watch it.
- You can live stream just the events you want to watch. If you want to watch women's gymnastics, you don't have to watch beach volleyball.
- It doesn't take 4 hours of prime time to watch all of what happened. So help me, I think the women's gymnastics all around took maybe an hour and a half from start to finish with warm-up.
- There's no Bob Costas whatsoever.
- There's no John McEnroe or Ryan Seacrest either.
- The announcers are mostly British, and it's kind of fun to hear for a change.
- The announcers don't talk as much or get nearly as excited as Rowdy Gaines. No wonder his names Rowdy. Can he speak normally?
- You see parts you wouldn't see otherwise. I'll explain more later.
- You don't have to avoid all the spoilers floating around.
- You can catch the Ranger game at night if you so prefer, or do other things like get out of the house. Or, you can just go to bed at a decent time.