Not Quite Healed... Hope for Male Survivors of Childhood Abuse
- I am not quite healed; I am a healing-in-progress.
- I was a needy, innocent child; someone took advantage of me. I wasn’t bad; something bad was done to me.
- Pornography is a substitute for intimacy. I choose to strive for the real thing.
- Despite my attractions and desires, I don’t have to give in to any wrong impulses.
- I’ll never be fully healed if I hide the secrets of my past. A big step—and a difficult one—is to move out of darkness into light.
- Admitting I need help is a sign of humility, not weakness. Reaching out for help is a sign of courage.
- The tools that helped me survive as a child are no longer the tools I need to enjoy my adult life. Now I can consciously choose my tools.