The ending of an era, the turning of a page
So, what I have I done on my first jobless day?
- I slept late.
- I finished the last 20 or so pages of a book.
- I helped my dad deliver food to three older couples from church.
- Went looking around Office Depot.
- Dad and I spent time at Home Depot buying supplies to build me a table to extend some work space in my home office since it looks like that might be a starting place for me.
- I tried sweet potato tots at Sonic.
- I hit my finger with a hammer while putting together the table.
- I had a phone call with a potential employer.
- I went back to my parents house and strangely watched the last half of Ghost Dad with Bill Cosby.
- I came home to answer a couple of emails related to the job hunt.
- I went through my Facebook contacts to invite people to send me their information so I can build a database.
- I talked to a friend on the phone to update her about my last couple of days.
- I am typing this blog.
- Worked on the ugly blanket.
- Watched Survivor from last night.
- Dried the clothes that I washed last night that are still in the washer.
- Downloaded/submitted unemployment forms that I keep bringing up, at least to myself.
What I need to do tomorrow:
- Get the oil changed in my car.
- Wash the sap off my car from the tree that was outside the office now that I won't be parking under it anymore.
- Clean out the inside dash that is filthy - still don't know how it gets that way.
- Pick the next book I am going to read, because you know that is important.
- Straighten up/clean up the house that I've been putting off because I've not had the time/energy.
- Get my dad over to fix a couple of things.
Thank you to everyone who have offered their prayers and support. Something is going to come up soon, and it's going to be great!