The woman of mystery
Besides, my family behaved very well for my family yesterday, and I really don't have anything to say about them. I know - shock!
(By the way, all involved, including the Yankee himself knows this is up for blog discussion. Jenny asked earlier if I had started posting about it yet.)
Ok, so I came into town to make it for the pinning ceremony. When I arrived, Jenny and her mom were waiting in the foyer for "the Yankee" to arrive, and her mom explains as much. I did tell her that meeting him was actually my main reason for attendance.
Jenny's brother, dad, aunt and three other friends were already in the auditorium. I sat behind "Ginger" and "Ziva" when I came in since the row was full, and so that I could get caught up on the scoop.
Let me just say right here, that Ginger has read my blog before and knows that I sometimes change the names. She specifically asked to be Ginger, so how can I deny that?
Ziva runs background checks and investigates people for a living. I'll get to more on why her name is appropriate later.
Before the ceremony, I did not have a chance to talk to "Asian CrossFit Beast" since she was further down the row and talking to Jenny's dad beforehand. I asked her just a few minutes ago via Facebook what she wanted her name to be. I do hope she realizes that by the time I get finished with these posts, her name is likely to be shortened to "Beast". Just a warning, Asian CrossFit Beast.
Prior to yesterday, this is the total of what I knew about "The Yankee". Actually, it's all any of us knew.
- He's a Yankee. From New York, so that makes it official, even though we are in Texas, and anyone north of the Red River normally fits that definition.
- I know where they went on their first date because Jenny called me from the parking lot, ready to bail before they met. (Just nervousness!)
- He supposedly has a small head and freakishly small hands. (Jenny was way exaggerating on that. I want to defend his head right now, and say I really wouldn't have come up with that. I'd already dropped Pinhead from his name in referring to him anyway.)
- He drives a Prius. Duh, he's not from Texas, so he doesn't drive a truck.
- He lives up around Cedar Hill.
- He does have a name. I had to ask that though because I didn't know it until a week or so ago.
- He's Jewish.